Natural Remedies For Acne? Find Out The Reason Behind The Bumps First
Natural remedies for acne are safe and effective cures that goes to the heart of the acne problem to eliminate the unsightly blemishes from the root.
Almost everyone experiences acne at some time of their life. I am talking about the occasional flare-ups - a few blackheads here, a cluster of
We stop by every mirror we pass and check our faces woefully. We pick at it uncomfortably, we scrub it frantically, we panic, and we worry about when this unsightly bumps will disappear so we can have our lives back.
Facial breakouts is no respecter of age, but it is most common during the adolescent age where it affects about 85 percent of all teenagers in varying degrees.
It’s been said that indulging in foods such as French fries, chocolate, sweets, and high fat foods are the culprits. Yes indulging excessively in processed foods play a part in skin breakouts, but in actual fact, it is not the main cause.
It is also true that sensitivity to food may worsen an existing skin condition, or it may even be the cause of an outbreak in the first place, but there are other major root causes to consider as well.
So what causes this skin ailment? For the most part, the answer is simply hormones. Hormones are responsible for most cases of acne. For instance when male teenagers, experience pronounced breakouts, it is due to the surge of testosterone, the male hormones that occurs during puberty. It prompts the sebaceous glands to enlarge, thereby increasing the production of sebum – the oily substance that lubricates the skin.
Hormonal changes before menstrual flow causes cyclical acne, whereas pregnancy or menopause in adult women can also bring on
Root Causes Of Acne
*Candida or Yeast Overgrowth
All these factors can bring on an outbreak of acne.
Sometimes the pores become clogged, and block the flow of sebum. When this happens, the glands form whiteheads. If part of the pore remains open, the sebum exposed to oxygen darkens and becomes a blackhead.
Certain medications such as steroids, hormonal agents, iodine preparations, and anticonvulsants can also cause this breakout.
Oily make-ups can contribute in clogging up the pores, and even stress which alters
hormone levels can trigger a flare-up of blemishes.
Another type of breakout known as
the most severe form, develops when inflammation occurs a little deeper in the skin, causing the bumps to become cysts underneath the skin. When the bumps appear on the surface of the skin, they are often filled with pus.
Using Natural Remedies For Acne
It is important to know that topical and oral antibiotics can control acne for as long as you continue to use them. Aside of you having to use them perpetually, topical lotions can also be too harsh on your skin, causing redness, dryness and scaling.
The beneficial thing you can do for yourself is to eliminate this unsightly skin disease from the root by using natural remedies for acne to controll your hormone production, protect your skin from bacteria, minimize excess inflammation, and identify all possible food allergies you might have that are triggering breakouts.
If you are ready to get rid of your blemishes forever, follow the natural remedies for acne guidelines below and give your skin the beautiful glow you deserve.
* For starters, clear glowing skin reflects overall good health. This means a balanced diet as well as regular exercise. Follow a simple diet of basic, unprocessed foods that consists of dark green and orange vegetables which are rich in beta carotene, known for maintaining and repairing the skin. Also make sure you are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C.
Include whole grain cereals and breads, dried beans, lean meats, poultry and fish in your diet to boost your zinc intake. Several studies have linked zinc to skin health.
*The B Complex vitamins help cope with stress which can also contribute to skin problems. Take a high potency that supplies 100 mg. of most B vitamins.
*The herb known as Saw Palmetto blocks excessive DHT of the sebaceous glands. It also alleviates hormone related acne. Recommended dosage is 160 mg. a day.
*Oregano oil is one of the natural remedies for acne that is very effective. Oregano oil is a strong antimicrobial that can be used topically. It destroys yeast overgrowth associated with acne formation. Apply the oil to affected areas, or take 500 mg. of the capsules twice daily to tackle acne from the bowels.
* Once or twice a day, gently wash the affected areas with mild, non-medicated soap and rinse with cool water. Avoid scrubbing or using abrasive pads because they irritate the skin and make it worse.
* Chamomile has an anti-inflammatory property and also has a soothing effect on the nervous system. Drink chamomile tea to calm your nerves and control stress, which is also a breakout inducer.
* Wipe very oily skin gently with a cotton ball soaked in witch hazel. Use water-based unscented cosmetics.
* Avoid Kelp supplements, Iodized salt and Sugar, which encourages oil production and also provides food for bateria and yeast to thrive on.
* Most persistent mild to moderate acne can usually be controlled with non-prescription drugs such as 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.
* The simplest of all natural remedies for acne is to get adequate sleep and avoid excessive exposure of the skin to the sun. When the body is in sleep state, all cells and nerves are relaxed and therefore free from stress, which is also a factor.
So cherish you sleep to give your skin a rest, and above all, have patience with these natural remedies for acne. They will work for you if you stick with them.
Return from Natural Remedies For Acne to Natural Remedies Home page